Ideal Remote Viewing Target Characteristics
(For beginning Practice Targets and the Selection of Demonstration Targets)
Targets that can be most easily viewed often have the following qualities:
If you are giving a target to us for a Demonstration, Please place your initial next to each point signifying you have understood and have complied with that point!
1) They inherently are OF INTEREST and inherently ATTRACT ATTENTION. (not boring)
Good: Largest Pyramid at Gisa / Egypt (current time), OR Eruption / Old Faithful / Yellowstone Park (daytime Jan 20, 2001).
Bad: a pair of scissors in Dr. Carr’s desk,
an eraser, a pair of socks
2) They ALWAYS are NAILED DOWN IN TIME AND SPACE, as much as possible, using TIME AND SPACE QUALIFIERS such as THE PLACE, CITY, HEIGHT, DISTANCE, ACTIVITY, COUNTRY, PERSON(S), TIME, THE DATE.
Good: The largest Pyramid at Gisa / Egypt / (Current time)
Bad: The Egyptian Pyramids
Bad: Princess Grace of Monaco
NOTE: MANY OF THE OTHER EXAMPLES GIVEN BELOW ARE NOT NAILED DOWN IN TIME AND SPACE AS THEY ORDINARILY SHOULD BE, BECAUSE THEY ARE GIVEN ONLY TO ADDRESS A SPECIFIC ASPECTS OF A TARGET.
HOWEVER, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WHEN WRITING UP AN ACTUAL TARGET THEY MUST, WITH RARE EXCEPTION, HAVE TIME AND SPACE QUALIFIERS, OTHERWISE YOU CAN GET VERY CONFUSING RESULTS!
For example, If “Princess Grace” was given as a target without time and space qualifiers:
You could get her bones in her grave.
You could get her birth.
You could get her on the john.
You could get her in the hospital.
You could get her soul after it left her body.
You could get her as a little girl.
You could get a boat called “The Princess Grace”.
You could get her wedding.
Without time and space qualifiers the results could be utterly confusing.
3) If the target is an EVENT, then it should have “/ event” written after it.
Good: The First Human Heart transplant, done by…… at …….hospital / EVENT (date)
Bad: The first heart transplant
4) They are DISCRETE, not vague or open ended
Good: Arch de Triumph / Paris / France (time of construction)
Bad: A Roman bridge
5) You can POINT AT the actual physical target or event.
Good: The Empire State Building / Manhattan NY / (current time)
Bad: The Stock Market Crash in 1982
6) They have there OWN DISCRETE BOUNDARIES in time and space. They have more than conceptual boundaries such as state lines or country borders.
Good: Alcatraz Island and Prison / San Francisco Bay CA/ (Jan 12, 2 PM, 1932)
Bad: The State of Nebraska
7) There is a good “FIGURE-GROUND” CONTRAST between the target activity or object and the back ground activity or objects.
Good: Mt. Shasta / California / (December 2001)
Bad: The Middle of the Pacific Ocean
The upper left quadrant of my living room
A mountain in the High Sierras
8) They are specific things or events NOT A CATEGORY of things or events. (Better if it can begin with the word “The” than the word “A”.
Good: The crash of TWA Flight 800 / Coast of Long Island, NY (give date and time)
Pope …. riding in the Pope Mobile / The Vatican, Italy (give date and time)
Bad: A Plane Flight, A Toyota Corrola , a bottle of wine.
9) They do not risk evoking a DEFENSIVE RESPONSE by being too painful or morbid.
Good: Mother Teresa
Bad: Aushwitz prison camp (time of burning of prisoners)
10) They are not TOO VAST in terms of space with too many confusing sub-aspects, sub-locations to them, OR TOO LONG and spread out in term of time: a process taking years or centuries.
Good: Stone statutes/ Easter Island / (current time)
Eiffel Tower / Paris France / (time of construction)
Bad: Australia, Canada, etc.,
The Melting of the …. Glacier,
A galaxy, A section of outer space.
Stonehenge (time of construction) This target is bad because construction was at different times over a several thousand year period.
11) They are UNIQUE, WELL KNOWN and RECOGNIZABLE to most people and have a well known proper name (name-able at the very least) (not obscure)
Good: The Washington Monument / Washington DC / current time
not as good: The ogmucto duct in poslinda
Bad: Traffic in Muskogee, OK
12) If they have ENERGETICS, EMOTIONALITY as well as physical and SENSORY discreteness and uniqueness (colors, smells, sounds) , all the better.
Good: The Super bowl Game / ….Stadium / …. Vs…… / event (1988)
Poor: a “two by four”.
13) The target must NOT contain any ASSUMPTIONS.
Very Bad: The next major earthquake in Tucson, Arizona in 1999
The next Martian Invasion.
14) Avoid confusing relative terms such as right and left.
15) There is nothing else mentioned on the photo that could be construed as a target. E.g. a picture of a star with the words “Hubble Telescope” printed at the bottom.
16) There is nothing printed on the back of the target that could be construed as a target. (E.g. a soap commercial on the back of a magazine photo)
17) Do not use doctored photos, or paintings of the target or target event. Use accurate, clear photos when using photos
18) Most beginning practice targets, and ALL demo targets should be readily verifiable for
Good beginning or demo target. The presidential inaugural address of past president
Clinton / Washington DC/ event (date)
Bad beginning or demo target: The current location of Amelia Ehrhart's body.
The Current location of Jimmie Hoffa's Body
19) Beginning targets should have minimal distracting "attractors" associated with them.
"Attractors" draw the viewers attention away from the target.
Bad: Gettysburg / current time (The viewer will tend to be drawn back in time to the
original Battle of Gettysburg.)
Bad: Buddhist temple / Hiroshima Japan (current time) (The viewer will tend to be drawn
back in time to the original dropping of the A-bomb.)
IF TARGETS ARE TAKEN FROM A TARGET POOL, PREPARED BY YOU OR ANOTHER:
20 ) They are SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT from other targets given in the target pool
Bad: Target #1: The Revolving restaurant /top of Hyatt Regency / San Francisco
Target # 2: The Revolving restaurant /top of Hyatt Regency / New York
21) The CURRENT target is not significantly LESS energetic, LESS important or LESS interesting relative to the other targets in the targets pool.
22) The target Pool is not too large. Keep it around 20-30 targets. Then make another target pool when adding new targets. The fewer people who know or think about what’s in the target pool the better.